Guidelines for the Vincentian Reflections
As we prepare to celebrate our four hundredth birthday in 2017, we are encouraged to deepen our sense of identity as members of AIC. By deepening our roots we will be better able to respond to the needs of the poor today and more able to celebrate our rich heritage.
These reflections are designed to do this. Each one has a theme supported by quotes from Vincent or Louise and either a scripture or church document reference. The references are given: Coste refers to the 14 volumes of Documents, Conference and Letters of Vincent edited by Fr. Pierre Coste CM and SLW refers to the Writing of Louise edited by Louise Sullivan DC. In order to make the most of these I ask you follow these guidelines:
- Make space in the Agenda for time for reflection and silence
- Prepare a ‘sacred space’, this can be as simple as a cloth and a candle
- The person leading the prayer time should call for silence and encourage people to put distractions aside…handbags, phones… and to sit still for the prayer period
- Each sheet has several reflections questions. These are meant for personal reflection but it will build up the faith of the group in members are able share a few of their thoughts. However, remember this is sharing… not baring! and is not the place for pouring out one’s deepest longings.
- Feel free to use the reflections in any order that you like
- Enjoy this opportunity to celebrate who we are
Sister Mary Timmons DC